How to file Accident Insurance Claims
What the Newspaper Must Do
The Newspaper starts the Claim filing process by completing the following steps prior to issuing a Claim Form to an Independent Contractor:
- Complete Part 3: Enrollment Verification.
- Provide the Independent Contractor with a copy of their billing statement or check disbursement showing evidence that premium was paid covering the date of accident.
- If an accident is reported On-Route, the Newspaper must complete the Special On-Route Accident Report Form and obtain an authorized signature on the Letter of Recommendation section of the page.
- Provide all these items to the Independent Contractor immediately.
What the Independent Contractor Must Do
The Independent Contractor is responsible for completing the Claim filing process by following these steps:
- Complete Part 1, Part 2, and have the attending physician complete Part 4 of the Claim Form.
- Provide itemized bills for all services rendered.
- If the accident involved an auto accident, attach a copy of the police report.
- Mail the completed Claim Form and all required information to the insurance company within 90 days from the date of accident:
Aegis Security Insurance Company
Accident Claims Department
PO BOX 61140
Harrisburg, PA 17106-1140
If address on Claim Form differs from the address above, mail to the address listed above.
The insurance company must receive a properly completed Claim Form within 90-days from the date of accident or your Claim will automatically be denied.
DO NOT WAIT FOR ALL BILLS TO ARRIVE BEFORE FILING. FILE YOUR CLAIM WITHIN 90-DAYS AND FORWARD ADDITIONAL BILLS TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY AS THEY ARE RECEIVED.